Are you having a hard time attracting traffic to your website because you are thinking that your website is not responsive enough? Are you looking for ways and ideas on how to surpass that business struggle of yours? Then, you are on the right page.
In finding and keeping a place in the business industry, one marketing strategy that will bring you to the top of the very tight competition is through creating a website. Upon doing so, it does not just stop there. There are a lot of factors you have to consider to make it reach the goal you had set for it. Themes, images, contents, design, text, layout, videos, and many more are examples of these factors you must put a lot of attention to for a responsive site.
Your website must have an appealing design and visual on devices with different screen sizes too like cellphones and even tablets. If your website can adapt to different screen displays, then you are an edge ahead from your rivals. Different websites have different styles in catering to prospective markets and making them your loyal customers in the process. Your competitors are doing some strategies to be high-ranking individuals in the field. So, better make sure that you are creating a business responsive website that is not just user-friendly but of course mobile and social media-friendly too.
Before finally diving into these powerful hacks, let us be familiarized first with some important bits of information about our main topic:
What is the simplest definition of a responsive business website?
A responsive website offers appropriate web display web pages and lets users experience a smooth-sailing exploration on websites either desktop or mobile devices. Creating such will help you to be on top of the competition since a responsive website can fully adapt to various screen sizes and displays.
Why do you have to make a responsive business website?
- The use of mobile devices is common to people increasing the rate of users visiting sites through these devices.
- You will lose many prospective customers if your website is not responsive enough.
- A responsive website does not limit the people you can reach.
What are the core foundations of a responsive website?
- CSS or commonly known as Cascading Style Sheet. A computer language that is used for the process of doing web layout, colors, and fonts. It makes a website suitable for various devices in either small or large screen displays. Responsible for structuring website pages and dependent on both XML and HTML.
- HTML or commonly known as HyperText Markup Language. It is highly responsible for controlling the web’s content, structuring, and important elements.
Finally, here are some powerful hacks you can take advantage of in making your business website responsive this 2022:
Create appropriate themes
Your website’s design and layout are considered the outcome of your well-thought themes. Create design is always on top of any business marketing strategy ever since. In the field’s tight competition, you can always choose from various platforms and tools that can help and guide you on creating a website that suits the needs of your target market. But, you must fully take into consideration your site’s main theme for an organized process of creating and establishing it. Your theme distributes a lot when it comes to design planning and on the other hand, your design represents your brand out of a thousand or more similar brands also offered in the market.
So, it is highly suggested that you must think carefully about the importance of web design. Do not make it too complicated to avoid confusion but make it catchy and 100% connected and represents your brand.
Here are some ideas you can consider on how to create a website that has a perfect theme for it:
- Customize your theme as much as possible. BY doing, thinking, changing, and revising your design will never be a big problem of yours. It will help you to create and change the parameters of your design like content, its font, height, width, and so on. You can also add images and videos to your design by customizing your theme.
- Always consider your theme’s width and height. Your chosen width and height for your theme must perfectly fit your chosen content, images, and videos as well. It is necessary because it will make your website appearance organized and structured. If ever you will have a hard time doing so, then try using software or tools that will guide you in your editing phase.
- Always maximize clutter on your website. No one would ever be wanted to see anything full and bombarded with so many elements on it. Too much clutter will destroy can destroy your design and besides, the information inside your website is what matters the most. So, do not complicate your design too much and focus on your branding.
Here are the standard screen sizes that are usually common and followed by web development services in India, follow this:
✔ For mobile devices: 360 x 460, 375 x 667, and 360 x 720
✔ For tablet devices: 768 x 1024
✔ For laptop devices: 1366 x 768
✔ For iPhone X devices: 375 x 812
✔ For high-resolution desktops or laptop devices: 1912 x 1080
Remember that a good design can attract prospective customers and they may become your regular customers in the future.
Offer a satisfying browsing experience to users
In terms of weighing what to purchase is the ratio of quantity to quality. But you know, the majority of the people are always after the quality to get the most out of what they bought or given attention to. That goes the same with all websites. If your site has better browsing, then users will never have frustrations over slow loading. In a virtual way of approaching your target market, the site’s speed and quality content will keep your business operating in the long run.
A site’s speed always matters because a few seconds of interruption of your visitors’ scrolling activities can make them click that “back” button, leave your website, find another alternative, and may never come back. The more you make them wait, the more chances you are giving them a reason not to give any attention to your brand and services. Because of poor speed, you may lose many possible customers.
To help you make your site have a better browsing experience for your visitors, then try to check this out:
- Always keep on track of your website’s speed. You may use a speed analytics tool to make this work easier for you. Google Page Speed Insights is highly recommended so try using this one.
- Try to figure out the factors making your website have poor speed. The bulkier your page is due to many images or videos, the more it loads so slow. So, maybe try to maximize your uploaded media as well as those you have to upload yet.
Provide your website an active contact information
A website contact information is sometimes a feature that is not easy to access at all which is very disappointing for your users. It is frustrating when you are looking for some information on a website and it seems like that website does not want you to have that information. As you are doing a business that targets to reach a lot of people as much as possible, never give them that feeling of frustration. You have competitors and that may attract their attention too and may leave you behind.
To help you with this matter, you can follow the stated ideas below:
- Make your contact information visible for easy user access.
- Incorporate your contact information on both desktop and mobile sites.
Make use of symbols or icons
If you are aiming to create a responsive website for your business, then try to consider using icons or symbols.
Sometimes, people are lazy to read instructions or all-text things on your website. It may take such time scrolling with a bulky content social page. People might find your site boring and less creative so icons or symbols are great alternatives to this problem. To make your visitors guided while exploring, incorporate icons that they can easily understand. It will serve as their instruction tips not to get lost and get wrong pieces of information from your site.
To guide you in using icons or symbols properly in your website, please read the following helpful tips:
- Change some text with symbols or icons.
- Use images or icons that best represent your offers. For example, if you are promoting shoes, then try to use shoe symbols. Through this, it would be easier for your prospective customers that you are advertising shoes or something related to footwear. So, your content will appear less confusing and profound.
- Add buttons that are related to your brand.
Define your website categories using icons you can place on the sidebar part.
Make your website accessible to mobile phones
Establishing a website that is not mobile-friendly is not responsive at all. You can just reach out to non-mobile users and therefore, you are losing a lot of prospective customers.
We can not deny that many people do not have desktops or laptops and as an alternative, they are using their mobile phones or tablets in accessing websites. Knowing this, maybe you should take advantage of it now. Make your website accessible to mobile devices with helpful features. To make this happen, you have to consider these important things:
- Website browsing
- Media like images and videos
Integrate your website into various social media platforms
Undeniably, social media is already a part of our living and most of us have accounts on different media platforms. So, engaging in these platforms is a good strategy in reaching out to many people around the world since it has become the largest influence for many business ventures. You can approach billions of users anytime and anywhere without doing much effort. So, make your website social media-friendly and connect to people.
To create a responsive website, try to incorporate your website into your social media accounts to promote your brand and offers to a variety of people. Some commonly used and acknowledge social media platforms that you can integrate your website are:
Over to you
A website will never be successful if it is not even responsive to prospective customers. One effective step in overlying your rivals in the business industry is to provide a more accessible website to your users either in small and large screen displays. Your website must know how to adapt to the people’s needs, purposes, and to give them convenience every time they visit your site. Never make them feel disappointed because they can not access your site on their phones or tablets. Never give them a single reason to leave your site because all it takes is just a few seconds either they decide to stay or find alternatives and other better options. Instead, try your best to be the only option they could have using modern ecommerce web page development techniques.
Creating appropriate themes, media, layouts, offering a satisfying browsing experience to your users, providing your website a piece of active contact, making use of symbols or icons, making your site accessible to mobile devices, and integrating it into various media platforms, are some powerful hacks you can refer in making your business website more responsive. A strategy that will bring you a lot of benefits and enjoy being on top of the competition.
These ideas are effective in attracting many people and if you want more benefits, better choose a strategy that will surely bring you success. I hope this helps and gives you more ideas on how to make your website responsive in this vast growing business competition.
Manoj Shukla serves Mandy Web Design as the Designing head and guides his team in designing eye-catching websites. Apart from the valuable updates he shares through his blog, he is passionate about teaching. Being an exemplary learner, he inspires his team with perspectives like these.