As a web developer, the only way to make successful designs is to hack into learning new things every day. In 2022, it’s time to relinquish our skills to become better at web designing. Additionally, beginners need to learn more about choosing the right technologies, languages, and tools to yield successful results. In this post, you will learn more about the stuff like essential web development tools, new technologies, resources for beginners and much more!
One of the key skills to achieve in 2022 includes crafting responsive web designs. It’s almost necessary to gain this skill.
Let’s look at the top 11 web development skills to learn: –
- CSS Preprocessors: First, an important and mostly overlooked element of learning for web developers is CSS preprocessors. It’s used to speed up your coding skills. With the help of this tool, you can easily check your code before publishing it. Apart from that, it helps in converting your code into cross-browser friendly CSS. As a beginner, use this tool as often as you can and gain more experience. The reason is that once you learn and master this element, you can rank higher in the front end developer job listings.
- HTML 5: Next, in case you want to make a career out of web development, then it’s a good choice, to begin with, HTML. It’s one of the oldest web technologies and very simple to learn. Yet, it’s still relevant. Without it won’t be possible to become a web developer. This language is primarily used to understand the structures and how it works on your design. Today, we have moved on to Angular and React, but you need to understand HTML to know about tags like title, header, etc. Once you have learned about HTML, you can switch to other languages.
- CSS: Another important web technology to learn about is CSS. It’s also known as a cascading style sheet and used to specify the layout of the variety of elements present on a web page. In short! Using CSS is a way to make your web page appear more beautiful. Although CSS is rarely used now because we have other tools like Bootstrap, Materialize, etc. That said, it’s still important to understand basic CSS especially if you are just beginning.
- NPM: Node Package Manager is an essential programming language, it’s a tool for web development and the benefits are that you don’t need to code. Another benefit of using NPM is that you don’t need to build a framework from scratch, as you can import one developed by someone else. It’s simple, right? Today NPM is big and hosts more than 800k code packages. The default package in it is called Node.js mostly it is used on the server-end.
- React.js: Web development sectors have delivered some most promising results over the decade. Today, HTML and CSS are quickly becoming obsolete. Now, we have new frameworks like React, which is dynamically changing the way we develop web pages. React.js is important for the frontend framework. Some competitive frameworks are Angular, Vuejs, and Svelete.js, etc.
- VSCode: For coding, you can use IDE. It’s an important tool for Java developers. The top three IDE are Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJIDEA. These highly developed IDE’s have no other competitor on the market. You can also use them for web development as well as in some cases for backend as well. IDE has come a long way, yet comparatively, VSCode is lightweight. Moreover, VSCode is flexible. Next, you need to learn about Azure if you want to become a better web developer than anyone else.
- Chrome Tools: CDT or Chrome Developer Tool is particularly helpful particularly for web developers. You might be looking into View Page Source to gain insights about particular web pages. But now, chrome took it to a whole new level. So all you need to do is click on ‘inspect’ to see the complete code. This tool is easy to use, simple to understand and highly flexible. You can also use CDT to modify the CSS.
- Postman: Another tool for growing web developers to explore API. This tool will help you to interact with API’s in other words, you can access API’s, check responses, use internal API’s connecting, or you can also use external API’s as well, send HTTP requests and much more. Using postman is easy. Moreover, it’s important to learn because of the changing ecospace of the digital world.
- Responsive Designs: Today, most of the important part of web development is learning about how designs ‘respond’ to a variety of screens. Since we have a different ratio of screens, starting from big screens to small smartphones. As a web developer, if you don’t pay attention to the responsiveness of designs, then you may be missing many things. Knowing how to make responsive design is important.
Bonus: So, now you know about the top 11 web development skills to master in 2022. Apart from it, you must learn about CMS (Content Management System). Each website also uses a CMS to keep their data in one place. The most popular CMS is WordPress, you can start with it. It’s a good idea to learn about E-commerce platforms.
Decision making is one of the required skills in web developers. Regardless of the job profile, you must have problem-solving skills. These two skills will help you to figure out how design works, how your front and backend code is running, etc. Because sometimes even the perfectly working website faces errors and all of a sudden you find yourself amidst a problem. In such situations, your problem-solving skills will help you to make the right decisions.
Are you ready to become a web developer?
Web development is a leading-edge job profile. You can journey at any time! Use this post as a guide, re-read it once again if you have to! Note down important points so that you can research them later. Also, make full use of Google.com for collecting more information about web development. Moreover, you can also practice online. So, what are you waiting for? Build a solid foundation and understanding of web development to take your career to the next level.
Manoj Shukla serves Mandy Web Design as the Designing head and guides his team in designing eye-catching websites. Apart from the valuable updates he shares through his blog, he is passionate about teaching. Being an exemplary learner, he inspires his team with perspectives like these.